Magic is a randomly-occurring event that was implemented on January 12, 2011. When a player collects a Coin or a Blue Coin, there is a small chance of it being a magic coin. If a magic coin is collected, a message will appear in the Chat and the player will get a pop-up message stating what the player earned.
Here is some basic information on how Magic can affect you.
- Magic coins do not have distinct appearances.
- Magic coins appear randomly.
- A message displays informing you that you have found a magic coin.
- You may get only one magic coin in a single world session.
- There are 3 types of magic coins, rewarding Energy, special smileys, and special blocks respectively.
- Coins reward smileys, and Blue Coins rewards blocks. However, both can reward Energy.
- Only a few are allowed per world session at most.
Collecting a magic coin can bring one of several rewards.
If a magic coin rewards Energy, it can reward any of the following in any order:
- Player will receive a +1 Max Energy coin.
- Player will receive a +2 Max Energy coin.
- Player will receive a +5 Max Energy coin.
- Player will receive a +10 Max Energy coin and an Energy Refill.
- Player will receive a +15 Max Energy coin and an Energy Refill.
- Player will receive a +30 Max Energy coin and an Energy Refill.
If a magic coin rewards a smiley, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the Wizard smiley.
- Player will receive the Fire Wizard smiley.
- Player will receive the Witch smiley.
- Player will receive the Dark Wizard smiley.
- Player will receive the Light Wizard smiley.
If a magic coin rewards a block, it will reward the following in the respective order:
- Player will receive the green block.
- Player will receive the purple block.
- Player will receive the orange block.
- Player will receive the blue block.
- Player will receive the red block.
- Player will receive the cyan block.
Magic can be obtained by normal play, however there are factors that can reduce the likeliness of finding magic.
- The magic algorithm depends on key inputs. You'll have the most luck playing through normal worlds without too many coins.
- Coin Farm Levels do not provide any magic.
- Worlds with too many coins have reduced chances of magic. When a level has ~500 coins, the world won't have any magic chances.
- You'll have higher chances of magic with the less people there are in a level. Try playing worlds without anyone in them.
- Once someone gets magic in a world, the chances of anyone else getting magic for that world session are extremely low.
The magic system had its fair share of screw-ups. Major ones are listed below.
- Due to a glitch, magic coins had a one in a trillion chance to be found (1/1,000,000,000,000). However, updates made chances much higher.
- The magic algorithm was broken for a day, and magic coins were EXTREMELY common, players earned up to 400 max energy that day, and this was known as the 2015 magic rush.